Luisa Catucci Gallery is launching the application phase for a new Artists in Residence programme in Berlin at the beginning of 2022. The artist:in residencies, which will start for the first time in August, are primarily aimed at those who would like to take their first steps in the Berlin art scene. The residency programme is offered for a period of 3 or 5 months.
Image above: Artistic work in the Luisa Catucci Gallery
Two artists can participate at a time. The programme offers them attentive personal support and professional assistance in networking, presenting their work and a double solo exhibition in the gallery at the end of the Artists in Residence programme.
Artists interested in the Berlin Artist Residency Program are advised to seek funding from sponsors or funding organisations at an early stage. A link with a list of funding opportunities for scholarships, travel grants, etc. can be found on the gallery website under “ARTIST RESIDENCY”. Luisa Catucci Gallery will provide all documentation that may be required by the funding agency for the host.
Artist residency, Live & Work programme
Options for the stay
22 August until 20 December 2022
28 February 2023 until 30 June 2023
2 May 2022: for the stay starting on 22 August 2022
6 September 2022: for the stay beginning on 28 February 2023
Applications received after the deadline (0:00 EUT) will be considered invalid and will not be considered.
Venue & Programme
Furnished 100 sqm flat in the heart of Berlin Friedrichshain, including:
PRIVATE STUDIO A: approx. 40 sqm room for sleeping and working
PRIVATE STUDIO B: bedroom approx. 10 sqm + separate studio approx. 30 sqm (the other artist must be allowed access to the kitchen at all times).
1 fully equipped kitchen
1 bathroom with whirlpool and washing machine
1 office corner
Monthly fees Live&Work
PRIVATE STUDIO A: 1.600 EUR
PRIVATE STUDIO B: 1.800 EUR
The monthly costs include
- Welcome meeting at the gallery in Berlin
- 2 hours portfolio reading with the gallery director
- Support and assistance with writing an artist statement and biography
- Weekly visit and critique with one of the resident curators
- 2 tours to major galleries and museums in Berlin per month
- 2 or 4 (depending on length of residency) open studios with artist talk, moderated by the gallery director
- A one-week exhibition in the gallery space at the end of the residency*.
- Invitations to private events at the gallery
- Artist profile on the gallery website
- Personal critical text by the curator of the residency
- Archive class of the artist(s)
- Design and creation of a professional digital artist dossier
- Regular information on art events and openings in the city
- Information and advice on professional artist materials and supplies
- Weekly cleaning of the common rooms
- 1 bicycle per artist:in
- 2 sets of towels and 2 sets of sheets per artist:in
*The exhibition consists of a dialogue between the works of the two artists in residence.
Extras, not obligatory
- Written interview with artist:in to be used as desired and published on the gallery website, 150 EUR
- Video interview with artist for use as desired and publication on the gallery website, 300 EUR
- Analysis of artist’s website and content, 200 EUR
- Instagram & Social Media Workshop, 200 EUR
TO THE APPLICATION FORM